Pages

Selasa, 12 Oktober 2010

Slow Cooker Brandy Spiced Peaches Recipe



You've been good. Really good. I can tell.

Rummage through your pantry cabinets and dig out a few cans of neglected peach slices and bottle of brandy. This is a good one!

The Ingredients.
serves 8
slightly blurry photo. I blame the brandy.

2 (15-ounce) cans peach slices
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
1/4 cup brandy
whipped cream (optional garnish--I like the stuff in a can, but you can of course make your own)

The Directions.

Use a 2-quart slow cooker. Combine all the ingredients except for the brandy and whipped cream. Don't drain the peaches---pour the entire cans in. Cook on low for 4 hours. Remove from heat, and stir in the brandy. Pour all of this into a sealed plastic container and refrigerate for 48 hours (it's worth the wait, I promise!), then remove the cinnamon sticks and cloves.
Dish into serving bowls and dollop with whipped cream.

The Verdict.

This is my mom's friend, Carol's dessert recipe. Carol shared that she used to make it with peach halves but there was too much "slipping and sliding" with the halves, so she switched to slices. I LOVED the flavor---rich, and sophisticated. The brandy is in there, and you can taste it. This is definitely not a dessert for children---eat it all yourself!


The Cuisinart slow cooker giveaway is over, and the winners have been notified. If you haven't heard from me, you didn't win. I'm sorry. I do have more fun things I'm working on, though!

Happy 12th day of Crocktober!