Pages

Selasa, 19 Oktober 2010

Apricot Barbecue Wings Slow Cooker Recipe

I know I've  written about my love for all things wings before, but I'm going to again.

sorry. you're just going to have to deal.

I don't usually get cravings for chocolate, or salt, or ice cream, or anything else many people claim to crave. I instead get an itchy feeling on my tongue and my brain just begs for buffalo wings.

I began by making a sweet wing recipe, but it was just too sweet for my liking. In the ingredients picture, the bottle of Tabasco sauce is missing. I changed my mind at the last minute and added it----the result was a sweet wing with a bit of a kick at the very end.

The Ingredients.
serves 8


3 pounds chicken wings (I usually leave the wing joints on because I'm terribly lazy)
1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
1 (18-ounce) jar apricot preserve
1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (not pictured)

The Directions.

Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Spread the wings out on a large cookie sheet and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees. This browns the skin and keeps it from getting terribly slimy in the crock. I do think this is an important step, even though I loathe cooking before I cook.
Put the hot wings into your cooker. In a mixing bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, apricot preserve, dry mustard, and Tabasco sauce. 

Cover and cook on low for 5 hours, or until the chicken is cooked throughout but still attached to the bone. 

The Verdict.

I made these wings while home alone with the baby. And I accidentally ate all except for the 3 I saved for the rest of the family to try.

I didn't set out to eat them all, it just sort of happened. It might have been because I was glued to a Keeping Up With the Kardashians marathon...

more wingy goodness:
buffalo chicken dip (LOVE this!)