Pages

Minggu, 24 Maret 2013

Easter Recipes for the Slow Cooker



Happy almost-Easter! 

We host Easter each year (except for when I'm pregnant or have a newborn, which means we haven't done it for the past two years. But that's not my fault because other people have offered, and I'd just be an idiot to not accept the offers. So, I still stand by my declaration that we host Easter every year...) and I love it.

Adam usually puts something on the barbecue, our family helps out by bringing side dishes or beverages, and I line up a bunch of crockpots on the countertop. 

There are too many of us to all sit around the table, so we kind of eat in shifts. The kids run around in circles because it's fun for the uncles to "chocolate them up" and the Easter egg hunt out back results in squished flowers, mud tracked indoors, and eventually tears when the egg-grabbing turns a bit too competitive. 

It's certainly not a scene Norman Rockwell would have chosen to paint--- but he should have.

Because honestly? The day couldn't possibly be any better.

and I can't wait.

If you're hosting, or bringing along something to share this year, I've got you covered. The slow cooker is your friend. Use it! And enjoy your family. 

Main Courses:
Honey Glazed Ham  (this is what we're having!)
Mint Glazed Lamb (this is what we're having!)

Side Dishes:

Appetizers:

We have dessert covered thanks to Zest Bakery, but if you don't:
rice krispies treats (hey, the REAL rice krispies are going gluten free in about a month. score!)

you're welcome!
:-)


If you're entertaining, and need a bit of help getting the house in order, no worries. I've got you covered with that, too!



Adam doesn't like pictures of the kids on the Internet, so this is the best you'll get!
Happy Easter!