Pages

Kamis, 03 Maret 2011

What?! It's March? What happened to February?

 
recycled picture. originally from crockpot party


Dude. February completely disappeared. 

that's not okay.

We've been battling the flu. This was the first cold/flu season in about 4 years where we opted to not get a flu shot (for no reason, really----we weren't reminded by the pediatrician, and were apparently not in the high-risk group), and so I can anecdotally declare that flu shots work.

~~~Quickly ducking so I don't get hit with a squashed tomato from the flu-shots-are-evil people~~~

So anyway, that's where I've been. Tending to sick, cranky people. 
I don't have a new recipe today, but have instead rounded up all of the 2008 Flashbacks that I wasn't able to send out. Fingers crossed that the snot, fevers, and all-around-ickiness (you don't want to know, trust me...) stays away next week and everyone is back at school/work and we get back to normal around here.

Normal. HA!


February 8 Whole Chicken in the Slow Cooker (did you know I used to work at the zoo?)
February 10 Stuffed Artichoke  these are such weird vegetables.
February 11 Black Bean Soup
(I'm getting tired of typing out the word FEBRUARY)
(in case you were wondering)
February 12 Creme Brulee (and then I got excited and emailed the Rachael Ray Show)
February 13 Rocky Road Candy (yes, please.)
February 14 Tofu in Peanut Sauce (tofu holds up remarkably well in the slow cooker)
February 15 Fish Chowder
February 16 Tortilla Soup (I've made this twice this past week)
February 18 Chicken Lettuce Wraps (who needs PF Changs?)
February 19 Pomegranate Beef (how I keep Adam happy)
February 20 Sweet Potato Soup
February 21 Veal Marsala (apologies to the vegans in our midst)
February 23 Original Taco Soup (made this more times that I can count; the internet loves this "soup")
February 24 Chicken and Rice Soup (comfort food. super good for you; low in calories)
February 25 Chocolate Fudge Cake (ooh, I forgot about this one)
February 26 Chicken Parmesan (made this two weeks ago, delicious, then used the leftovers in Pasta Fagioli)
February 27 Hearty Ox Tail Stew (mmm.)
February 28 Creamy Risotto (no better way to make risotto. super simple, and no stirring!)
February 29 (darn leap year!) Buffalo Wing Dip (MAKE THIS. TRUST ME.)

So there you go! Hopefully that'll keep you busy for a while. If you're reading this in a reader, or through email, you may not have had the opportunity to see that I've put together a Table of Contents that you might find useful.

REAL LIFE, NOT A MAGAZINE
It's got kind of a nice ring to it, don't you think? :-)


What's in your pot today? I dug through the freezer bin and threw together a beef stew, since we're housebound and I can't get to the store. I loosely followed my own recipe, but since there as many versions of beef stew as there are missing Barbie shoes, I also tossed in some leftover mixed vegetables and garlic brown rice couscous.


Happy March! Happy Slow Cooking!