Pages

Sabtu, 21 Februari 2009

Home Again

I'm home, safe and sound. Thank you so much for all of your well-wishes and for tuning in to show support; it means so much, and I truly appreciate every email, comment, and page view.
Thank you.


I had a ball, an absolute ball. But I'm also really glad to be home.


If you haven't been able to find the link with the video on
Good Morning America's Website, here it is.

The note up above is what my seven-year-old slipped into my coat pocket. I laughed so loud at the "Don't get lost" part.
I suck at directions, and get lost regularly.
I didn't wander New York solely because I knew if I ventured more than 20 feet from the doorman I'd get lost.
And even though when it was time to leave and the front of my hotel was SHOWN RIGHT TO ME and I could see it (about 1/2 block away), I got lost.

I wandered into a store and turned the wrong way when I came back out. oops. Want to totally freak out your husband? Casually mention you might be lost in New York City while on the phone with him.

Everyone was beyond nice----I was blown away by how genuine everyone seemed, and how thoughtful and considerate they were to me. When I met Diane, Robin, and Chris, they were real people who couldn't have possibly been nicer.


Be nice to Chris. Not only is he Capital H hot, he felt horrible for misspeaking my name, and apologized profusely. When I was driven to the airport, I spoke to his driver of two years, and he had nothing but nice words to say. He's evidently quite the family man and very dedicated to his children.



Patrick, who did my hair said I had great highlights and that I should keep my hairdresser. He also said that he would charge at least $400 for my hair. And that's when I almost fell from my chair.

I made Robin cry. My daughter's teacher is a cancer survivor and I shared that with Robin, and thanked her for being inspirational. She said, "No, the teacher is the inspiration---what a fantastic role model she is for all those children."
Then we both cried and she gave me a green napkin.


I came home to a clean house, 3 loads of folded
and put away laundry, and sleeping kids. It was a very good trip.