Pages

Kamis, 26 Februari 2009

CrockPot Maple Ham Recipe

HAM! FINALLY!
And it's so very, very easy. I was told that this was "better than normal ham" which is evidently a pretty big compliment. I did eat a few bites (and thankfully didn't get sick) because the smell while it was cooking was practically too much to bear. After I picked the kids up from school we spent the afternoon at the library just so I wouldn't have to be in the house with the amazing smells coming from the kitchen.
The Ingredients
serves 10

7-8 pound bone-in spiral-cut ham
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup all natural maple syrup
2 cups pineapple juice

The Directions.

Use a 6-7 quart slow cooker. Unwrap the ham, and discard flavor packet. Place it into your stoneware, flat-side down. Rub brown sugar on all sides. Pour on maple syrup and pineapple juice. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. If possible, baste ham with collected juice from the bottom of the crock an hour or so before serving. When cooking is done, remove carefully and let it rest on a cutting board for 15-20 minutes before carving.

I had a hard time carving. I've never been very good with a knife.

The Verdict
I packed this ham up to give to my brother and sister-in-law, and for my dad. They were very complimentary. Adam had 3-4 sandwiches with the remaining meat.

I have 1! last pork recipe to go, and then I am OFFICIALLY DONE WITH PORK.
oink. oink.
super cute pigs from a farm visit on Valentine's Day


A year ago today: CrockPot Chicken Parmesan