Pages

Selasa, 24 Februari 2009

CrockPot Leg of Lamb with Prunes Recipe


I'm often asked what my favorite meal is that I've made in the crockpot. I never really know how to answer, because I sort of have forgotten along the way what I've made, and I feel weird picking just one thing out.

But. I can confidentaly answer that THIS is my favorite meal I've made so far this year in the crockpot. It's also the only one I've gotten to actually eat...

but whatever.

it's delicious.

The Ingredients.

4 pounds boneless leg of lamb
1 teaspoon each of:
rosemary
cumin
kosher salt
pepper
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups dried plums (dude. they are PRUNES!)
1/2 cup white wine (you could use apple juice)
1 cinnamon stick

The Directions.

Use a 4-5 quart crockpot. Put meat inside, and rub it on all sides with dry spices. Add garlic and prunes. Pour in wine, and toss in a cinnamon stick. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for about 4. I'd go with the longer and lower cooking time, though.

If you'd like, remove meat from stoneware, and make a gravy out of accumulated juice with some cornstarch. The prunes will be awfully squishy, and can blend right in with the juice and cornstarch. Serve with mashed potatoes or polenta with gravy drizzled over the top.

The Verdict.

YUM. I loved this, and so did Adam and the kids. We sat. At the table. Together.
I even put the laptop away. It was a great dinner.

A year ago today: Chicken and Rice Soup.