Pages

Sabtu, 12 Mei 2012

Bible App by YouVersion crosses the 50 million installed milestone


Summary: Many applications today are available on multiple platforms, which helps them achieve higher installation milestones. YouVersion’s Bible App just passed the 50 million installed level, which is quite an achievement.

As readers know, I use devices running nearly all mobile operating systems and lately have been spending most of my time with Android on the HTC One X and Galaxy Nexus, with iOS on my iPhone 4S, and with Windows Phone on my Nokia Lumia 900. As a multi-platform user, I try to find applications that I can use on any platform and just heard some great news about one application that I load up first when I pull a new device out of the box.


The Bible App by YouVersion is an essential application for me since it allows me to complete my daily Bible reading and devotionals and keep track of my progress across all my devices. They just announced that the Bible App has been installed on over 50 million mobile devices, more than double what they achieved at this time last year. As you can see in their chart, the application is being installed at an astounding rate. To celebrate this achievement, they just launched an interesting website, YouVersion.com/now, that gives you a live look at what is going on in the YouVersion community around the world. TechCrunch also posted on this achievement and includes a video with YouVersion co-founder Bobby Gruenewald.
The application and references that you read with it are all completely FREE. One aspect that I often enjoy while commuting on the train is the ability to have the Bible read aloud to you, supported in many translations, which is a great way to stay focused on the content.