Pages

Jumat, 02 April 2010

Honey Glazed Ham Slow Cooker Recipe


(note: if you are reading through a feed, you'll notice a different picture. I accidentally put up a finished picture of corned beef. That recipe is on it's way! Thank you so much to Emma for pointing this out to me.)
Happy Almost-Easter! Do you have a ham in the fridge you don't know what to do with? Throw it in the crockpot. It'll be delicious.

The Ingredients.
serves 6-8.

5-7 pound bone-in ham
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon gluten free Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground thyme

The Directions.

Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Unwrap ham, and discard flavor packet. Put ham into slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, honey, butter, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, and thyme. Pour mixture evenly over the ham. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until heated through.
The Verdict.
Oh yum. Slow-cooked ham is so super easy and always comes out fantastic. The meat stays perfectly moist without needing to baste, and tastes wonderful. My family really likes this glaze--it's sweet but not over the top.

Now that I can eat pork again, I'm thinking of declaring every Wednesday a holiday just so I can eat ham.




maple ham from last year (this is really good, too! I'm having a hard time deciding which I like better. I should make both.)

and more crockpot holiday food.

Have a wonderful Easter!