Pages

Senin, 07 Juni 2010

A Book Club! so my brain doesn't go to mush!


[there is a new recipe for Country Captain Chicken down below]

I wrote last week about the possibility of reading a book or two together over the summer holiday. I haven't done much reading (other than Pat the Bunny and cookbooks) lately, and I miss it.

I received nineteen recommendations to read Kathryn Stockett's, The Help.
I don't know anything about this book other than the information listed on Amazon, and that it appears to be a bit controversial to some reviewers.

But my friend Danielle sells an awful lot of copies, and Shirley liked it, so that's good enough for me.

The kids are off school this upcoming Monday, and I'll need a good book to read during quiet reading time. Penny (I don't have a link for Penny!) pointed out that it's still only available in hardback (although there is a kindle version), but my local library has 12 copies, so hopefully yours has a copy to borrow.

How's July 15 or thereabouts work? I've got a deadline July 1, which is why I'd prefer a bit of wiggle-room. The 15th is a Thursday.

I'll start a discussion on this site in the morning, and then host a live twitter party that evening---5 to 6 pm pacific time.

If you don't have twitter, no worries. You can still follow along, even without an account.

As for facebook, I'm still a holdout. I don't have an account---I'm super nervous to have "just one more thing" to check during the day, and I figure if anyone really wants to get a hold of me they can track me down. That said, a reader did start a fan page where you can evidently chat back and forth. I think. I'm not actually sure how it all works!

Happy reading! See you on July 15th!