Pages

Rabu, 31 Maret 2010

Leg of Lamb with Rosemary and Lemon Slow Cooker Recipe


I can not believe that March is over and it's already April. or at least it will be in only a few short hours...
Easter is this Sunday, and so I decided we needed a new lamb recipe. I made this a few weeks ago when my grandfather and uncles were visiting. It's lovely.

The Ingredients.
serves 8

3 pounds whole leg of lamb
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons prepared dijon mustard
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon, juiced)

The Directions.

Use a 4-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine honey, dijon, the spices, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir with a spoon to form a paste. Smear this paste on all sides of the lamb roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4-5. You can check the doneness with a meat thermometer, if you'd like, but I usually cook until it's super tender and I can cut it with a fork. If your meat isn't as moist/tender as you'd like, you can cut it in half or in chunks and return it to the pot to soak up more moisture. I don't like dry lamb.

The Verdict.

I really liked this! The flavor of the rub is fantastic, and the drippings make a wonderful gravy. Serve with mashed potatoes and a big side of your favorite vegetables. Baaa.

other lamb recipes:

original leg of lamb
leg of lamb with prunes
smoky spiced lamb chops
lamb, olive, and onion tagine
lamb chops (easy.)